Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wait for it!


So since I have not shared any beauty tips with you lately I will share a mask recipe that we used on our promotion trip that is simple and works very well. During this winter season many of you might find that your skin is a bit on the dry side and this mask is perfect for that.

All you do is take one egg white and 1 to 2 table spoons of Greek yogurt. (this should be enough for about 4 uses or 4 people) Whip these 2 ingredients together and then put a thin layer on your face. Wait about 5 to 10 min then wash it off with warm water. You’re skin will feel soft and look great!

Eggs have protein which is good for your skin and the yogurt is a great source of moisture. I should mention that you need to use plain yogurt no fruit or flavoring.

Masks are one of those things that require patience and self control. As you sit there with your face itching but unable to touch it because there is stuff on your face.
The age old saying of all good things are worth waiting for proves itself true in this situation.

Waiting is sometimes one of the hardest things that we have to do. We know something is going to happen at the end of our waiting. Sometimes we know what the outcome is like fully baked cookies, boiling water or baby soft skin. Other times, many times in my relationship with God I have no idea where I am going or what I am waiting/ preparing for. One of the biggest traps I fall into is that the best thing that I am going to do with my life is just around the corner. That what I am doing right now is great and all but the best is yet to come, that my life’s calling is just around the corner. Or that once this ministry really takes off that is when my life will really start. The fact is that my calling is to be God’s daughter and servant and the love of his life and reason for his death. If I am living a life following him every step of the way, then I am living out my calling. Making the most of every “waiting period” The dreams and passions that he give us are an amazing bonus. He created us to be his and then he gives us gifts and talents to use. To bring life to ourselves and others. Or the all too common waiting for our husbands. That once he comes then life, ministry and family will fall into place. We tell ourselves that we are living full lives right now that we are “content”, that we know a man cannot complete us only God does. Yet still there is a part of us that thinks that although the man will not complete us, that the lifestyle a husband brings will bring us into who we were created to be somehow. Don’t get me wrong I want to get married someday as much as the next girl but sometimes I get caught up in waiting for this man who will bring this life that God has promised rather than living the life that he is calling me to right now.

Someday, waiting and in God’s time are dangerous phrases for us as women.
While they are all true we get trapped by them.
Someday every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. So waiting to tell those in your life about Jesus in not an option. Because God’s time for you to live out your calling as his daughter is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment