Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Here comes the Bride

So I know all of you have just been waiting for this moment with every blog entry you either wait in anticipation or you thank the Lord every time you open it up and see that it has not been mentioned but today is the day. It is time to talk about being a bride.

Now personally I have never been a bride. I have been to weddings where there is a bride. I have been a bridesmaid but I have never been a bride. I hear it is a wonderful, beautiful, stressful time in life, it is a time that you do not get everyday.

But today and for the next several blog entries I will be talking about how we are all the bride of Christ. I was once again doing an internet search and I decided to type in The bride of Christ into the images place and it came up with some interesting images. There was a series of images posted in Relation to The revelations passage about the different churches and God's complaints against each one. I will admit I did not really look to closely at the article but I did look at the images. They inspired and intrigued me, which is why I am now writing several blog entries on this topic.

As I post the photos with the blog entries and on the Facebook page I would encourage you to look at them and let the Lord speak to you. Because they rocked my world a little bit. The beauty and yet sadness in each image. If all you do is look and listen I won't be offended because chances are the Lord will speak to you the wisdom you need. I am a visual learner so I won't be offended.

For today I just have the image of a bride and groom cake topper. This is the introduction. We the church is called to be the bride of Christ. He is to lead us and we are to submit to him. Not because he Lords over us or because he is a control freak for the sake of being a control freak but because he loves us completely and unconditionally. With a love that is perfect and pure. It is a love we can only receive and never give back in its entirety because we are a fallen people. Yet he redeems us chooses us and proposes to us. While it is true that he purchased us with his blood he does not force us into relationship with him. He asks. He has given us so much more than a diamond ring and he allows us to reject his proposal time and time again. When this happens rather than sulking away with bruised pride he is heart broken. He gets back down on his knee and asks us again, Not for his own sake but for ours because he knows we cannot live abundant joyful lives without him.
Far too often we are this bride but we are not living like it. We allow the world to mess us up, or pull us down. We allow our own fears and insecurities to rule where our bridegroom should. That is what the next week or so are going to be about so Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment