Thursday, January 3, 2013

Grapes!!

So I realized that it had been a while since I had shared any beauty tips so I thought I would take some time and do that today.

This is one of the simplest and one of the first beauty tricks I ever learned and still use to this day. That is using a grape as a face cleanser.

Grapes have minerals and anti-oxidants that are good for your skin and it is all natural and gentle so it works for most if not all skin types.

So what you do is simply cut the grape in half and rub it around your face in upward motions (yes I am serious run the grape on your face). Leave it sit for a minute or so then take a washcloth and warm water and wipe it away viola! clean face.

I find that this is very refreshing and makes my skin feel clean and bright. Also it is cheaper than many of the face washes out there!

So I am going to take a semi obvious route and relate this to when Jesus said I am the vine and you are the branches remain in me and I will remain in you (John 15).
So today my lunch break Internet search was about women's self esteem and self confidence. I am fast becoming a women's blog and Internet research junkie. Any ways it is one of those things where they can tell you all of the problems and come up with a million and one reasons why we as women have self confidence issues. They blame family, they blame men, they blame our own body chemistry, they blame our society. Then they tell you that only you can fix this. That you have to relax and stop worrying. Come up with a plan and stick to it. Which I know this is true but I am sitting here reading and thinking to myself if I had serious self confidence issues and I read this I would think well if my only hope is me then I am screwed.

The fact is we can only live up to our full potential in Jesus. Abiding in him is the only way that we can operate the way we were created to operate. Resting and relaxing because even though we want to control everything and make it go just so we know that he does control everything and works all things together for his good. Following the plans and instructions he has given us. Knowing that he is going to fulfill all of the dreams that he is dreaming with us.

Now I know that you could look at women throughout the world who do not have Jesus but appear  to have loads of self confidence, famous actors, singers and philanthropists. Then you read the tabloids and see interviews and it all makes me wonder is it for real. I have met stay at home moms who are raising their children to follow after God with more confidence and self assurance that some of the biggest names on TV. Some might call them "closed minded" or "brain washed" by society or religion. But I look around and I think those of us who stand firm in what God has called us to no matter what it is. Those of us who abide in Jesus no matter the cost or what others think or label us as. We have the confidence, and we will do great things because they are eternal kingdom things.
So Relax= rest in Jesus and what he has for you
     Make a plan= Follow the one that has been laid out for you before time began.
Most importantly remember you can't do it. You can't fix it. Abiding is the answer


No comments:

Post a Comment