Thursday, December 6, 2012

Writing.

For the past few days all I have been doing is writing. Writing about who Youth with a Mission Pittsburgh is and all of our programs. Writing about the Refined Beauty DTS and what it is and why we are doing it. Writing, writing, writing. 

So today as I sit down to write about women's ministry and Refined Beauty and fashion or whatever else I thought would connect all I can think about is Psalm 3:5 I lay down and sleep yet I awake in safety for the Lord is watching over me. 

I can write all about who God is and what he is doing, who ywam is and what they are doing and who Refined Beauty is and what we are doing but if I do not live as though the only reason I wake up in the morning is Jesus then what's the point?

God created us, he made us in his image, he made us perfect and he made us for relationship. First and foremost a relationship with him. We are completely dependent people. The goal of Refined Beauty is to raise up women leaders who know who they are. The mantra of our society for women has been respect me I am independent, there are songs, books and posters that communicate this message. The message we want to communicate is Love me I am completely dependent. That is really all I have to say today I don't want to justify that statement, or explain it just think about it, pray about it, ask me about it.

Love me I am completely dependent.

Shameless plug time if you are interested in Refined Beauty at all even just to ask some questions about anything written here. Write to me refinedbeautyywam@gmail.com. Share this blog get some internet buzz going. Thanks so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment