Thursday, December 13, 2012

Intimacy with Christ

So as I said before I asked many of the women in my life if they had one piece of advice to give young women today what would it be.

One of the posts was intimacy with Christ and the importance and necessity of healing.

This is something that is near and dear to my heart. When we hear the word intimacy often it is an uncomfortable word. It is a level of closeness and transparency that says all of me is for you to see.  Many of us have been hurt. By family, friends or boyfriends in one way or another that makes it hard for us to have a healthy view of God because he is our father, friend and lover. But he is perfect he won't hurt you, he wants to heal you. Through an intimacy with him he shows you how much he desires you, all of you.

I am 24 and I have never had a boyfriend so while I have never been hurt I had my own insecurities. I struggled with thinking that God was going to one day find something that he didn't like in me and then we wouldn't be as close or that he would find someone that he liked better and wanted to be closer to and I would somehow loose touch with him. It was a fear that I couldn't put words to or understand until after he showed it to me, and began the healing process. Through that healing I know that everything he sees and shows me, everything I obey him in is only going to draw me closer because he already sees everything I am. was and will be and desires to be intimate with me not simply in spite of it all but because of it all.
 
I think I wrote a similar blog earlier but decided to reflect on this thought again because it was brilliant advice. Be intimate with Jesus no matter how uncomfortable it will only make your life richer and relationships deeper. He desires to heal you because he desires you.

No comments:

Post a Comment