Monday, December 10, 2012

Holy Fitness!


Hey all this is a blog post from one of our accepted DTS students for the March 2013 Refined Beauty DTS Mallery. As you will see she has a passion for fitness as well as for women and girls to really know who they are in Christ. I am so pumped to have my very first guest blogger Enjoy!!!

About 4 months ago the Lord called me to YWAM Pittsburgh. 
I remember walking off the campus "base" thinking " Lord, I am way too old, I am self employed and I have responsibilities" 
How could this happen? Fear of sacrifice played in my mind and I said nope it's not Gods will. 
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT" 

I then said ok Lord, open up opportunities for local ministry. Where do you want me? USE ME JESUS! 
While serving at local churches and ministries in my area, God kept tugging at my hear saying "Are you ALL IN" 
I thought I was, I was reading the word daily, taking biblical classes, and praying every chance I got! 
This scripture below came to my mind, read carefully.. 

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 

HE SAID TO ME "NO MALLERY, SURRENDER IT ALL, ARE YOU GOING TO DO MY WILL OR YOURS?"

Now, let me share a a bit of my heart with you. I am 26 (27 Feb 11th) enjoy working out, giving animals/friends/family love, shopping, fellowship and some down time to read the word. Let's just say that list is not in the correct order but yes that sums Mallery up. My daily routine consist of about 1 to 2 hours of strength training, running (outside if it's nice) and stretching. I am very set on doing this daily. Working out is my passion. 

There are more than 4 reason why...  Can I share with you my top FOUR? 

1. You are what you eat 1 Corinthians 10:31 
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

2. Endorphins (I call them happy cells) this scripture always comes to my mind after a workout.. 
  Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

3. Look great on the outside to match what's on the outside  Corinthians 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

4. Strive to be the best that I can, continue to run4Jesus! 
1 Corinthians Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.

Ok. Now that you know a bit about me and my passion for fitness. The Lord really dealt with me a few months ago when he said SURRENDER! Think about this, what does that word mean to you? Give up everything? Right? So, obviously I was on the defense side and cautious that I might be misinterpreting the Lords guiding. I continued to pray because really that was all I could do. I said if this is your will, how can this possibly happen? He then placed this scripture right in-front of me Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.  

BAM! God is good. I then picked up the phone and started reaching out to YWAM. I sat in on a lecture class in the a.m, fellowed with the staff, went on an outreach and all I have to say is this ministry is amazing! 

April and Courtney (Staff leaders for the Refined Beauty) have such a heart for Christ and use cosmetology as a platform to share Gods love. 

I knew after meeting these two Godly ladies and seeing how YWAM operated I was ALL in! Yes, I am stepping out in full faith that God will provide. In life I want to be a Christ follower, change lives and help people to grow in their relationship with Christ! When times get tough, PUSH THROUGH knowing God's got me. My prayer is to be challenged & stretched. 

I am truly honored and excited to be a part of the first DTS Refined Beauty! Hey, who knows I might just have to add some fitness classes at the Pittsburgh location. Ok... After reading this let's sum it all up for you..  

- IF YOU WANT TO GROW A DEEPER MORE INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS 
- LEARN MANY GREAT BEAUTY TIPS :) 
- GET IN PHENOMENAL SHAPE 

Then YWAM Refined Beauty is for you! BAM, just what you needed confirmation...

You can contact me (Mallery Schaffer) directly at Inspiremefitness@gmail.com  LOVE YOU SISTA!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment