Monday, December 10, 2012

Pass the Petroleum Jelly Please.

Today is time for a much over due beauty tip. Today's topic is petroleum jelly and the 2 things that I have used it for although there are so many uses you can find on the internet the two things that i use it on are my lips and nails.

So First is the lips. I read this trick in a magazine a while ago and have been using it ever since when my lips need a little TLC
Step 1 exfoliate. If you haven't figured it out by now I am a huge advocate of off with the old on with the new. So there are a few options on how to go about this.
Option 1 go to the store and pick up a lip exfoliant. My personal favorite is Bath and Body works sugar scrub but you can use any your heart desires.
Option 2 use some sugar and olive oil and rub it circles on your lips for about a min.
Option 3 take your tooth brush get it wet and then rub it in a circular motion on your lips for about a min.
Then rinse and dry your lips wiping away all of those dead skin cells.

Step 2 take your petroleum Jelly and coat your lips in it using it like a lip mask. Leave them be for 10 min. Then take a tissue and dab it off of your lips and then apply whatever lip balm, chap stick, lip gloss or lipstick your heart desires. You will love your lips!

The Second thing I like to use Petroleum Jelly for is my nails and cuticles. I learned this from the women in Thailand. Many of them have strong beautiful nails, now part of this is the climate and food because my nails improved while I was there. However one day I was giving a manicure to a woman and I told her she had beautiful nails and that mine chipped and broke and were weak and she told me to rub petroleum Jelly on my nails in between painting them and so I started and it worked!! Plus it is good for the cuticles too.

So for this just rub a generous amount of petroleum jelly on your nails and cuticles and let is sit for as long as you have time for. It is best to do this before bed but if you are in a hurry or wanting to paint your nails before bed let it sit for 15 min. Then push back and/or cut your cuticles. rub more of the Jelly into your nail. Then if you are going to paint them use a little nail polish remover o each nail to get rid of the oils and paint away.

Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. This is true with beauty tips and tricks. I was looking in the magazine and found the lip mask idea. I told a girl in Thailand she had nice nails and mine were terrible and she shared her trick with me. A lot of the time we look at women with a better complexion or prettier hands or lips than us and we get insecure or intimidated. We think that they are so much prettier than us and so they would never share with us how. Or if they do it is going to be something that there is no way we can do that. When the truth is it could be as simple as petroleum jelly. The kingdom of God is the same way. Sometimes we get intimidated by people who seem so holy or a God who is so perfection. We think I am so messed up how could he care about my inquiry or my problem. The truth is it is as simple as receiving a free gift.

The reality is he is not only dying to share his tips, tricks and answers with us, he did Die to be our answer.

So if you have your own tips and tricks share them in the comments section or email them to me and I will make a blog post out of them. If you have read this and other entries and would like more information send me an email at refinedbeautyywam@gmail.com or check out our website
www.ywampittsburgh.org
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment