Saturday, October 27, 2012

Acne

So I think one thing that we can all agree on is zits are no good. They are on your face where everyone can see them and when you are in middle school and High school they are like a beacon that says hey please pick on me. They draw negative attention and the moment we get them our first thought is why today and how can I get rid of you in the fastest way possible.

There is no shame in asking people for their best remedies or what they use because although there is cover up for girls you can never completely hide the zits existence so why try. So here are a few home remedies I have heard work for people. None are fool proof but people claim they work.

1) Toothpaste key word here being paste if it has any of that gel in it DON'T I repeat DON'T use it. I did once and there is an unfortunate facebook photo of me with a red splotchy face as a result. You put it on the zit let it sit for about 15 min and then wipe it off with lukewarm water. For me this clears it up in about 3 days.

2) Pepto Bismol apparently you can use this as a spot treatment as well. I have not tried it but if you do let me know how it works!

3) The last method that I want to share with you today is a tomato mask. I have done this during the summer when my face tends to freak out a bit and it works wonders! So you take a tomato cut an X in the top and then run it under hot water. remove the skin, gut out all the seeds. Then use what is left and mash it up into a smooth paste. Put this on your face like a mask leave it on for one hour then rinse it with warm water. I usually do this about once a week during the times when my face is not happy with me.

There are for sure other methods and remedies for acne out there just check the internet I am sure but these are a few I have heard and seen to be effective.

Here is the thing what if we treated our sin the way we treat acne. We hated it and wanted to get rid of it. We saw it is something we cannot hide so why try and sought out the help and advice of other brothers and sisters in Christ. People that you can trust that will challenge you and hold you accountable. We did not just try to deal with it on our own as if no one could see it or knew it was in our hearts. Because while the rest of the world cannot always see what our sin is specifically they do see the fruit of its work in our life. Our stuborness, our excuses, our short tempers, our justifications do just as much good as cover up or concealer, to hide the real issue. Not only that but God the one that we claim we are living to please sees it all, the cause and the effect. This is my challenge to you today. It hit me hard as I was praying and thinking about what to share on here. Deal with your zits. Deal with your sin. GET HELP because normally neither of them just go away on their own. 

Once again shameless plug time. I have no tie in really just you know if this intrigued or challenged you maybe check out some of the other blog entries mainly the first one. If you care interested in more information concerning the Refined Beauty DTS check shoot me an email or check us out at www.ywampittsburgh.com And tell a friend Thanks so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment